Sunday, December 21, 2008

MAMA TIRED

The boys got over their stomach flu a good week and a half ago, yet I dreamed all last night about cleaning up vomit. A couple times I woke up, thinking I heard one of them whimpering in the next room. Turns out it was just my companion's nose whistling. An exhausting night, even with the babies sleeping soundly.

Not only has Lamb been working ridiculous hours--like SEVENTY this week, plus Messiah rehearsal and performance--but he has also taken my car to work because of the bad snow and the extra deliveries and catering jobs that pack December. So my lads and I have been home-bound even after they got well. (No end in sight to the runny noses they've had since Thanksgiving weekend. But the ralphing and the big D are over.) It has already been a long, cold, lonely winter. If not for dear Lori and Marge, I wouldn't have even a little Christmas shopping done. I just barely got our Christmas cards to the post office late last night.

When X was napping yesterday, I bundled Oli and took him in the backyard to alleviate his cabin fever. Maudie immediately absconded with one of his mittens. She's bored, too.

Can't wait for 3pm on Christmas Eve when the restaurant will be CLOSED for the blessed holiday.

I'm pooped but restless. Who wants to meet at midnight for some treacherous sledding at Willowcreek park??

3 comments:

Shayna said...

me

Amanda said...

I want to meet up! Give me a call sometime! 671-4761

el Grande said...

if i had read this earlier i would have most definitely met you in park for some nonsense!!!

i still need to come meet your kids!!!