Wednesday, November 19, 2008

BABY VIOLET

Shayna had her baby girl October 23 at about 3:30 am. (Kevin called me about 2:20 am, "This is your brother-in-law, Kevin Swiss." I guess you want to be specific at that hour. He said I was quiet for two beats and then replied, "BABY??")

Violet Jan Swiss. Jan after our mommy whose birthday is the following day. Our mom didn't much like her own name, but we really like our mom. Shayna is She-ra. She devlivered naturally again, by choice. Kinsey and I joined Kev to witness the miracle. Nothing, NOTHING like the birth of a new person. I get weepy thinking about it. Violet is beautiful like her momma, and we all love her.

She's about 12 hours old in this picture.



And here she is in confection form: the cake I made for Shayna's shower.

1 comment:

Sam and Carmin said...

That is an amazing cake, Cambry! How did you do that!!

I love the new combined blog. Your family is terrific to follow~
Carmin